Our team have been very busy over the last few weeks making changes within our nursery at Heddon on the Wall to make it as “Covoid-19 Secure” as we can. We now feel we are in a place where we can safely announce that we are open at our West Heddon Nursery, albeit differently to before.
Halls of Heddon at Heddon on the Wall will be open on restricted hours from 9am to 4pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sundays. We will be closing daily between 12pm and 1pm to allows us time during the day for watering, stock maintenance and sorting of any deliveries.
Our Ovington branch will however remain closed to the public for the foreseeable future unless by appointment or for a prearranged/prepaid collection.
Before visiting please consider if we could fulfil your needs via a local no contact delivery rather than you making the journey to us.
If you do decide to visit, please bear in mind the following:
• In order to maintain 2m social distancing we will be restricting entry by the number of trolleys we have available. This means that there may be queues during opening hours. As with 80% of our nursery, the queuing area is uncovered.
• We have restricted the size of our car park area and would ask that when you visit you park safely and sensibly for the sake of others. If the car park is very busy, then it may be sensible to come back at a quieter time.
• We ask that no more than 2 individuals from any household visit us at a time. Children (maximum of 2) will only be allowed entry if they are with a single adult. Although we would love to, we are not able to open as a destination for a family trip out yet.
• We would ask that you come with a good idea of your requirements. Although we do value your custom and support immensely there may be others waiting to shop and enjoy the same benefits as you that gardening can bring.
• As cash could likely be a high-risk carrier, we will only be accepting card sales. Where transactions are less than £45 contactless would be preferred.
• Another high-risk area is the public toilets so these will remain closed.
• We have implemented a one-way system through the restricted space in our indoor shop with one entry and exit to the car park and one to the outdoor sales area. The entry/exit to the car park has been divided by panels to limit exposure to people on the other side. When accessing the outdoor sales area we ask that you are aware of others around you to maintain distancing.
• For the time being we will not be allowing dogs into the nursery unless they are assistance dogs.
• If you are displaying any symptoms associated with coronavirus we would ask that you refrain from visiting in order to help us keep a safe environment for everyone, other customers and our team included.
• We may not always be able to give the advice first-hand that you will have been used to as we may not have members of the team available due to other commitments.
• Most of all we would ask that you kindly respect other shoppers and members of our team whilst enjoying you shopping experience.
We hope that we have put everything in place to make your visit as safe as possible but as times have changed we would like to ask that if you spot something you believe can be improved you speak to a member of staff rather than sharing on social media. We only have a small team running the sales area who are all doing their best, trying to follow guidelines as we have interpreted them whilst also running a working nursery.
These new guidelines are very alien to us and will take some adjusting to. By following them we are doing out bit to help people enjoy the many positive benefits that gardening can bring and helping to keep everyone safe.
Thankyou everyone for the support and encouragement you have given us over the last few months. Take care, stay safe and we look forward to seeing you soon and to going forward to celebrate our Centenary Year in 2021.
The team at Halls of Heddon